Dreams of Hope "Being in, Being OUT"

April 1, 2012  at 2.00pm at Off The Wall Theater

Where do you belong?   What does it feel like?   What does it mean to belong?

Trying to find one's niche in life, the idea of belonging floats to the surface of many minds. Through the use of multiple creative mediums, queer youth and allies come together on stage, transforming Off The Wall Theater in to a space of exploration around belonging, while exploring this journey through spoken word such as this at the preview show: 

I belong in the sound of the song of myself 

I belong in my own groove 

I belong/ in the sound of my joints cracking 

to the feeling of my hands in mittens 

I belong in the ragtime tongue twist of my next verse 

I BELONG

Come to Off The Wall Theater to see our Season show to experience what young queer youth and allies feel and think about belonging as the Dreams of Hope's Performance Troupe in Being in, Being OUT, an original show consisting of spoken word, movement, drama, percussion, and song exploring belonging and its impact on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender youth.

Free Admission - call 724-873-3576 to reserve your seat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating family and friends in 2019

God bless us, every one

Women Count at at off the WALL